5 Tips for SEO Content Writing
Top 5 Tips Must Keep in Mind for Effective SEO Content Writing.
Some significant points that can help content writers in making their content stand out of the competition are:
1. Write for your audience first
When writing content is to attract and serve customers — the people who would want what your website offers.
Your content must meet their expectations, grab their interest, and lead them to whatever conversion goal the site has.
So primarily write for people, not search engines.
To identify your audience before you write, ask these questions:
• What kinds of people are interested in my product/service/information?
• What are they looking for?
• What needs/questions would they have on my site?
• What communication style would feel natural to them?
• How can my site make them feel welcome?
• What would appeal to them and make them respond?
To know more about SEO writing you can check it here
2. Make Quality Content
Search engines can detect what’s original and compelling versus spammy or duplicated content.
Get the credit and traffic your website deserves by keeping your original content under your own domain name.
Any time you have an opportunity to showcase other forms of original content like videos, infographics or whitepapers, make sure to also embed them onto your website as well and share from there.
To create quality content for your website, here’s a short checklist of dos and don’ts to keep in mind.
• Write original, unique text.
• Use keywords in a way that reads naturally. (Remember, write for users!)
• Write for the way people read online, with shorter sentences and paragraphs.
• Use bullets, numbered lists, and headings, which make a page easier for readers to scan.
• Include images, embedded videos, and other engagement objects.
• Follow our guidelines for how to add keywords to your content (covered in the next lesson in this SEO Guide).
• Overuse keywords (also known as “keyword stuffing”).
• Try to optimize for keywords that are unrelated to the website’s contents.
• Duplicate content pages.
• Hide text from users that show to search engines (such as putting text on a same-color background).
• Try to deceive search engines in any way (known as “webspam”).
To know more about making quality content, check here.
3. Keywords with Rich Phrases in the Content
Use relevant, keyword-rich phrases in your headlines as well as throughout your content to let both your readers and the search engines know what your post is about. But beware, too many keywords will not only turn off your readers but can result in search engine penalties for keyword stuffing. Use keywords thoughtfully and sparingly, sticking to a more natural feel. In addition to using keywords throughout the body of your post, take advantage of blog tags by tagging a few relevant keywords for each post; most general blogs have tagging capabilities already built-in.
Always use the keywords with great concentration and attention.
4. Content Structure
Content structure is one of the most important things you can do for your business.
The contents of your post may be great but can be easily lost in an unorganized, inefficient format. Breaking your content up into smaller paragraphs with headlines makes for an easy read that will keep your readers engaged.
For the search engines, back-end organization is key too. Using proper tag hierarchy when tagging headlines (H1 for titles, H2 for subtitles) is important to maintain a well-structured article.
5. Resourceful Use of Images In Content
Make your posts pop with images! People are visual. Adding an image along with your blog post can make a big impression.