Branding Checklist & Immutable Laws of Branding
WHAT IS BRAND?
A brand is no longer a logo or a slide deck. It is something you deeply believe in and connects you with your tribe. Take the time to clearly define your “why” and get great at articulating it. Your why should reinforce your core values. If there is a conflict, it is not sustainable. Be authentic, vulnerable, and abundant. In this article you will learn the Laws of Branding.
You need to become a storyteller and relate. Be generous in sharing your insights, ensuring you are adding tremendous value. Keep it professional and go share it with the world.
— Tamara Loehr
In this topsy turvy world, there are some branding laws that remain immutable. Branding is about timing, consistency, and perception.
Here are the Laws of Branding:
Law of Timing
The key to great branding is to get the right message to the right person at the right time. Don’t hock your wares or sell products when it’s not appropriate.
Law of Consistency
43% of consumers say they want to hear from the brands they love and trust. Continue to send regular communication to your clients and the team.
Law of Perception
Branding is not what you say it is, it’s what they say it is.
Check your reputation online, set up google alerts so you’re notified when your company is mentioned. Strive for a 4 3/4 star rating on Yelp unless you own a medical facility which then you should strive for 5 stars.
Through it all, the brands who weather this challenge by remembering these laws will be the ones who align with their purpose and their customers.
Through it all, the brands who weather this storm and stay closest to their customer will put a WIN in windfall and put a STAR in starting over.
What will you do?
So you have a website, started a blog, and your logo is everywhere? Understand the importance of branding and how you can apply it to your own business. Answering these questions below will help you find the reasons why branding is so important.
- DEFINE YOUR BRAND • what are the values and beliefs of your brand?
- IDENTIFY YOUR STRENGTHS • why should people invest in your products or services instead of your competitors?
- KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE • who do you want to reach with your business or services? & How and where can you reach them?
- CREATE YOUR BRAND STORY • how do you tell people what you do and why you do it?
- FIND YOUR VOICE • what tone do you use to connect with your audience?
- DESIGN YOUR LOOK • how do you represent yourself visually? & Does your aesthetic communicate your story and values?
- BE CONSISTENT • is your branding consistent across all your platforms?
Tell us what you think and feel free to ask questions. We would love to hear from you!